Where to apply: Waukesha County Courthouse, 515 W. Moreland Blvd.
Monday thru Friday 8 a.m - 4:30 p.m.
Marriage License Applications are taken up to 30 minutes before closing
What to bring:
(any documents not in English must be translated and certified)
* Proof of Identification - Both parties must bring some form of identification. The easiest way to prove your identification is with a valid Wisconsin Driver's license, ID, and Passport.
* Proof of Residency - At least one party must be a resident of Waukesha County for at least 30 days. The easiest way to prove residency is with a valid Wisconsin Driver's license with current address.
* Proof of Social Security Numbers - Both parties are required to show proof of their social security numbers in order to obtain a marriage license.
* Birth Certificates - All applicants must bring in a certified copy of their birth certificate from the Register of Deed's office in the county where they were born (which will have a raised or colored seal on it.) Photocopies or hospital certificates will not be accepted.
* Date of Ceremony - Wedding date must be set with your officiant before applying for your license.
* Officiant - You will need to know the name, address and telephone number of the person performing your wedding ceremony.
* Divorce Papers/or Certified Death Certificates - If one of the applicants has been married before, they must bring a file stamped copy of the Divorce Judgment, Annulment papers or certified death certificate from their last marriage. If the marriage ended in divorce, the divorce must be final for at least 6 months.
Fee : $105.00 (Cash Only!)
How long will it take:
If you have all your paperwork required, the normal time will take about 15-20 minutes. Remember, the time may change with the number of other couples applying.
When should I apply:
Application should be at least 6 days before the wedding (due to the 5-day waiting period), but not more than 36 days.